- This event has passed.
Reaching out: a meeting to advance clinical research preparedness for infectious disease outbreaks
20/09/2018 - 21/09/2018
The Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GloPID-R) is the only network of major research funding organizations working on a global scale. The Platform for European Preparedness Against (Re-)emerging Epidemics (PREPARE) is building Europe’s capacity to do clinical research under the inevitable circumstances of an infectious disease epidemic or pandemic. PREPARE and GloPID-R have teamed up to bring you this global, solutions focused meeting, which will examine bottlenecks to (rapid) deployment of clinical research in an infectious disease outbreak and what we can do to overcome them.
- Through presentations, panel discussions and audience debate we will:
- Highlight the vital role of clinical research in an infectious disease (ID) epidemic or pandemic
- Provide insight into clinical trial networks in global regions
- Highlight the value of combining antimicrobial (AMR) clinical research with ID pandemic preparedness
- Illustrate the fundamental role of working in partnership with patients and the communities
- Show how regulators can ensure robust yet expedient review of clinical study protocols
- Demonstrate the value of novel clinical trial designs to evaluate therapeutic interventions.
Who should attend?
The event will interest anyone involved in outbreak preparedness: clinicians, researchers, patient organizations, regulatory bodies, public health officials, administrators, and ethics advisory groups.