Reports to the Senior Communications manager.
This role sits in the Communications department and is primarily responsible for maintaining the Foundation’s ongoing project communication activities. As a communications professional, you must be able to confidently manage and seek out communication opportunities for Penta’s projects and bring much needed relationship management skills as you work in partnership with both colleagues across the Foundation and external stakeholders. Working under general supervision of the Senior communications manager, the Communications Specialist develops and edits communication materials that promote a positive public image of Penta and its activities to various audiences. This position also collaborates with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, content and message coordination, and the highest standards for internal and external communications.
- Develop, coordinate and implement effective communication strategies and dissemination plans that include media outreach and editorial planning for social media
- Write and edit informative content such as press releases, blogs, articles, newsletters, and infographics. Ensure accuracy of information and high quality of materials produced
- Proofread copies and documents for accuracy, consistency, and clarity
- Work with key role players to brainstorm content ideas in line with the company’s strategy, and to support brand initiatives. Maintain contact with project mangers to remain up to date with project activities
- Deliver campaign activities and evaluate them together with the communication team
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive communications experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Communication qualification
- Proven self-starter with experience of developing and implementing internal and external communications plans, including media relations, social media strategies, and crisis/reputation management
- Experience in developing engaging written and visual content, including press releases, statements, blogs, briefing documents, video and infographics
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English (Italian is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to advise and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to balance and independently manage workload that includes multiple concurrent priorities
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally, often interacting within Penta global network’s members
- Analytical mindset, with experience of embedding communications measurement frameworks, reporting and campaign evaluation
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to quickly transition from strategy to implementation, working on both simultaneously as needed
- Experience of media evaluation and analysis
- Strong team player and collaborative style, positive can-do attitude
- An interest in improving the lives of children with infectious diseases and the willingness to gain knowledge around infectious diseases.
28K (gross salary) + 600,00 euro of Welfare Package.
We are an equal opportunity employer
The Penta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
The Penta Foundation makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
How to apply
You can use the LinkedIn form or you can send by email:
1) a signed CV including the following statement: I hereby agree for the processing of my Personal Data included in my application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679
2) a cover letter outlining why you wish to apply and how you meet the specified requirements in this job description.
Send all materials to email@example.com with ‘Communication Specialits’ in the subject of the email.
If you have any queries, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org