March 2020 sees the return of CHIVA’s (Children’s HIV Association) Annual Conference for professionals, as well as their Family Conference for young people living with HIV and their families.
CHIVA Annual Conference – Friday 13 March 2020
The theme for CHIVA’s 14th Annual Conference is “Breaking through barriers: Achieving health and well-being for young people growing up with HIV”. Delegates can look forward to a packed programme of sessions, including HIV and Adolescents: Global Perspectives in a Global Agenda, (UNICEF), Complex case presentations, a Youth symposium ‘My health, my appointment’ with Parents Panel, as well as brand-new workshop sessions.
Visit the CHIVA website to book your place!
- Discounted rates are available
- You can submit your abstract before 30 January 2020
- Take a look at opportunities for critical reviewers
- Free community places for any related HIV community/voluntary support organization – contact CHIVA directly
CHIVA Annual Family Conference – Saturday 14 March 2020
The CHIVA Family Conference provides a safe space for young people, their families and older people who have grown up with HIV to come together for sharing, learning and working out ways forward together. Delegates can attend sessions around:
- exploring family communication and HIV
- hearing from the CHIVA Youth Committee and other young people about their experiences growing up with HIV
- hearing what young people living with HIV need from their family members
- specialist workshops exploring topics such as positive parenting techniques, or young adults workshop.
If you are or have been affected by HIV, you can contact CHIVA to register your interest in attending this event.
More information about CHIVA and its events can be found on the CHIVA website.